Friday, January 27, 2012

Where, oh where is he now???

Ladies, I think back on every man I've been in a relationship with, particularly the ones I gave my heart, my love, my body, to, and I consider...WHERE OH WHERE are these people now?  It's amazing how we get so deceived by the ways of the world and completely reject God's ways. I spent many years living like the world, doing relationships like the world, thinking like them, behaving like them - because truth be told, I was one of them. When in a relationship, it seemed the natural next step was to be intimate. Right? Well, it depends on who you ask....



One day, somewhere, somehow, I heard about something called... ummmhh... fornication!  Forni-who? Fornication - the act of engaging in sex outside the covenant of marriage. Wooooooooow... you mean having sex with a man I'm dating exclusively is wrong?!  According to the world, not at all, but according to the word of God... dead wrong.



But even after realizing this, I strugggggggggled in a relationship with a man I just adored. I mean, this man was a girl's dream, the chemistry between us was explosive on every level, and his constant attempts to get me in his bed were proving to be too much for this girl who was trying to live for God! I had to make a choice. I was hurting and ashamed. Ultimately, I chose God. Today, I am completely abstinent and commit to be until the day I say I do to my boo boo...and then it's on and popping!!! lol.



In all seriousness, I see a father's heart and love in His instructions to His children to abstain from sex outside of a covenant, committed, relationship with someone who is in it for life not just a season. Seriously sisters, where are these men we have given our treasures to?  In most cases, we have no clue...but we do know where our God is. He has always been and will always be there. I encourage all of us single women of God to make a commitment to obeying His word...His love letter to His babies :-).


*** NOTE: To receive email alerts on hot new blog posts and all our exciting events, click this link to sign up now... http://eepurl.com/iFvIX

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!!!! Whoooooo!!!!!!! This is on point!!! I feel the saaaaame way. Those lames are history and I commit myself to GOD. <3 I lovvvvvve this sis!!!

    ReplyDelete